This website is provided and controlled by Damco International B.V., Turfmarkt 107, 2511 DP, The Hague, The Netherlands (“Damco”).
Damco recognizes and respects the importance of the privacy of our visitors of our websites. This policy accounts for the personal data and cookies etc. used via our websites. If you do not agree with the terms herein, please do not use this website and delete the cookies placed by the website. Please be aware that a separate privacy statement applies to recruitment. The privacy statement applicable to recruitment is available here. However, the section on cookies below also applies to recruitment.
- Personal data
On our websites, we may collect information about name, postal address, email address, other contact information, age, interests, gender, IP addresses and other personal data. Our websites are intended for a general audience, and Damco does not knowingly collect personal data about any person under the age of 18 years. We have implemented appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect your personal data. We store personal data on servers with limited access located in secured facilities, and our security measures are evaluated on an ongoing basis. The servers are protected by anti-virus software and firewalls, among other measures. We process personal data for the following purposes:
- Provision of newsletters offered by Damco
- Provision of Damco services and products and to accommodate your requests and inquiries
- The purposes listed in the below cookie section
As part of a global group, Damco may transfer personal data collected by us on an aggregated or individual level to various divisions, subsidiaries, joint ventures and affiliated companies of A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S (“Maersk Group”) around the world located inside or outside the European Economic Area for the purposes stated above, as well to data processors outside of Maersk in India or other countries globally for storage and service purposes. Personal data will not be disclosed to anyone outside the Maersk Group without your consent unless permitted or required under applicable legislation.
The registration form used for newsletter subscription, requires users to give us contact details such as name, region and communication details. This information may also be used to send information and promotional material to registered users about our company. If you have submitted personal data to us, e.g. when registering for a newsletter, you enjoy certain rights to access and rectify data, however, subject to certain legal limitations. We have implemented appropriate organizational and technical security measures to protect your personal data. We store personal data on servers with limited access located in secured facilities, and our security measures are evaluated on an ongoing basis. The servers are protected by anti-virus software and firewalls, among other measures. You may update, change, opt for removal of information or request to stop receiving our communications by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We delete or anonymize your personal data when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected and subsequently processed.
The following third parties store the following cookies on this website:
- Piwik Analytics to enable us a) to perform statistical analyses of e.g. number of visitors, information on location, and the like to learn about our visitors and b) to improve the website friendliness and usability, e.g. on the basis of website traffic measurements. This tool and its data is self-hosted by Damco.
- DoubleClick Bid Manager (provided by DoubleClick Inc.) for display advertising purposes.
- Addthis (provided by AddThis, Inc.) to enable the visitors of our website to use social media features, like sharing, sending or recommending pages to others
The following third parties may store the following cookies on this website depending on your privacy settings:
- YouTube (provided by YouTube LLC.) to store session preferences (e.g. language) and suggest other content based on your previous uses (only activated when you are logged in to Youtube when visiting our website and only when clicking the YouTube button)
- Facebook (provided by Facebook, Inc.) to identify users logged in to Facebook for the purpose of sharing content on Facebook (only when you are logged in to Facebook when visiting our website and only when clicking the Facebook button)
- LinkedIn (provided by LinkedIn Corp.) to enable the “follow” and “share” features of LinkedIn (only when you are logged in to LinkedIn when visiting our website and only when clicking the LinkedIn button).
You may delete cookies if you no longer wish to store them on your computer. Please refer to the help guide for your browser for further guidance.
- For Internet Explorer, a help guide is available here
- For Mozilla, a help guide is available here
- For Chrome, a help guide is available here
- For Safari, a help guide is available here
- Contact details
If you have any questions or comments or wish to exercise your rights under applicable legislation, please contact our privacy team by emailing to email@example.com